Remember When: From Memories to Monologues #6 (Online)
What do we remember? How do we capture our memories? If you’re a senior, come free your imagination in Remember When: From Memories to Monologues, a creative writing workshop guiding you to remember, reflect and map your memories.
Conceptualised and facilitated by theatre director and drama educator Jeffrey Tan, no prior experience is required for this workshop and it is suitable for seniors from all walks of life. Through a series of eight practical workshops, Remember When will guide you to capture precious moments and aspirations, and transform these life memories to monologues.
Seven sessions will be conducted online, with the 8th & last session a physical session where each participant will recite their completed work at The Arts House's Play Den.
In eight sessions, you will learn:
Thu 13 Aug 2020 | 9 am to 12 pm
What kind of a writer are you? Writing from the subconscious. Writing about your name.
Thu 20 Aug 2020 | 9 am to 12 pm
Creating character from your monologue.
Writing with your five senses. Structuring your scene.
Thu 27 Aug 2020 | 9 am to 12 pm
Injecting the different types of tension in your scene.
Writing stage directions.
Thu 3 Sep 2020 | 9 am to 12 pm
Visualizing the reading.
Adding sound, music and pictures. Blocking on stage.
Thu 17 Sep 2020 | 9am to 12pm
Technical Walk Through
Thu 24 Sep 2020 | 9am to 12pm
Lighting and blocking
Thu 8 Oct 2020 | 9 am to 12 pm
Introduction to Voice and movement Technical run through with lights and sound.
Thu 15 Oct 2020 | 1pm – 8pm
Filming at the Play Den*
* Final session will be a physical session filmed at The Arts House
With reference to current guidelines for digital production and recording of performances by NAC on 22 June 2020, filming of the final monologue session for Remember When: From Memories to Monologues #6 will take place in The Arts House Play Den with strict adherence to safe distancing measures such as:
- Limiting the total number of persons (cast and crew) to 10, of which only a maximum of 5 are allowed to be unmasked for “live” performance / singing.
- All onsite cast and crew members to maintain 1 metre safe distancing from others.
- In the event if they are unmasked, they have to maintain 2 metre safe distancing from other unmasked persons.
- Sharing of props, musical instruments and microphones will not be allowed at all times.